Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting Your Internet Business
- Why do I want my own Internet Marketing Business? Before deciding to start a business, think about the qualities you possess, what makes you tick, and how that might help you be a more successful business owner.
- What interests, talents, skills and strengths do I have that will assist me in running my new business? Inventory the abilities you already possess. Then think about all the ways you can use them to grow your business and help others grow their business, and also working with partners that lack your abilities.
- What are my strengths and weaknesses? The ability to recognize your own strengths and weaknesses is invaluable for the business owner. Recognizing what you’re good at and what
you’re not will help you decide how to use your time and when to outsource to the experts or outside professionals for help.
- What skills do I need to learn or brush up on to run my business effectively? Recognize which skills you need to develop in order to run your business most effectively. Identify the ones that are worth investing time into learning, and which ones you might be better off finding outside sources to perform.
- Do I enjoy challenges? Businesses provide constant challenges. If you enjoy a good challenge, it will energize you. If you don’t, you may end up feeling as though you’re engaged in a constant uphill battle.
- Will I be doing work that is meaningful and really interests and excites me? When you’re engaged in doing something rewarding it helps to motivate you to keep going even when things get tough. Start by getting back in touch with your values and see if there is a synergy between them and the things you will be doing in your business. If not, see how you can spin things so that there is.
- Do I really have a money-making idea? Not all great ideas make money. A good business idea addresses a problem, need or pain that a particular group of people or companies face. The problem must be significant enough to warrant spending money to solve or alleviate. Before bringing a new product or service to market, test your ideas and make sure they’re profitable.
- Who are my ideal target customers? Every business needs customers. Successful businesses know exactly how to describe who their best customers are, what “pain” they’re feeling and what they need, want, desire and are willing to pay for.
- Who is my competition? Learn everything you can about the others in your field who provide similar products or services to the same ideal customer – direct and indirect competition.
- What do I offer that the competition doesn’t? What makes my services or product unique above my competitors? This is your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) – what you’ll use to make to your prospective customers buy your product or service instead of buying from your competition. Why should your customer make you their Marketer of Choice?
- Have I established business goals? ? Setting goals is an important part of any business plan. But setting a goal is only part of the picture. Achieving goals is even more important. Learn how to identify which goals are important enough to commit to, and systematically work towards them by breaking them down into steps, establishing timelines, identifying resources needed, and benchmarks for success
- Am I a self-starter? When you have your own business, there’s no boss or manager to tell you what to do and when to do it. To get your business off and running you’ll have to motivate yourself to get things started
Thinking like a Marketer
Thinking like a marketer is crucial to your success. I have covered this slightly before but want to re-visit this subject again as it is crucial to your success as a marketer.
You will find that everywhere you look that everyone teaches you the systems, or the how to “make money online”, but very seldom will you find anyone that teaches you that you also need to know how to think like a marketer. This is the missing piece.
Do you honestly want to be a successful internet marketer? If so then you need to be a marketer.
How can you possibly go about trying to build an internet marketing business without BEING a marketer? It is like trying to build a house with no foundation. What happens to the house not built upon a good solid foundation? No wonder so many people fail!
But being a marketer would mean you have to sell something and who wants to be a “sales person”? It doesn’t sound very exciting does it? Our minds think of the car salesman and who wants to be seen as the person following you around constantly pitching to you. I have to tell you though that selling is part of the game and is very essential if you are going to be a marketer “NOBODY” makes money until they sell something.
I can teach people my systems of how I make money online and that very same information that means tens of thousands of dollars for me may be nothing more than confusion and frustration for you. Why do we see the same information in a different way? The reason that it does is something that I had to find out for myself before I could make the how to make money systems work for me… It was going through my “marketing filter” in my mind without being processed the same as it would for those that were thinking like marketers.
I had a problem with selling to people. I had problems of seeing things as opportunities instead I looked at the things I was doing as something everyone else would criticize me for.
A true marketer will see opportunities to make money all around him or her. Do you see opportunities to make money all around you?
What about all of the email messages that come into your inbox on a daily basis. Do you look at them and try and see the marketer’s side of the messages that was just sent to you? Do you try and see the methods he is using so that you can possibly use them as an opportunity for you to get results as well? It is quite probable that you see them as an ordinary consumer would see them. You see them as clutter. You see them as ways to take your money. Maybe you see them as nothing more than a bunch of scammers out to get you.
The economy is not all that great right now. In fact for many it just plain sucks! But if you are a true marketer you will become recession proof. You will understand that you will always have opportunity to make money.
The same thing applies to the way you think about money. Even if you get lucky and actually make some money, I have to tell you that it is not enough to just make money. You can make money and even a lot of money and still end up right back in the same place you began. Broke!
Unless you understand it, have confidence in it and confidence in yourself, and the same ways of thinking as all successful marketers have, you will never win.
You must first understand how the Marketer thinks about the opportunities and money and how it differs from the way you may be thinking.
Regardless of how much money you make, you will end up right back where you started if you don’t change your thoughts about the opportunities that face you every day and about the money you will make.
Do yourself a favour and stop and think about the last time you seen a marketing message from one of the marketers that you follow.
What were your thoughts when you read the message?
Was it the thoughts of a true Marketer or the thoughts of a consumer?